Blue Pits Housing Action
Blue Pits Housing Action is a CQC registered personal care provider and a provider of social housing. We have provided a high quality accommodation and preventative / enabling support service in the Rochdale, Heywood and Middleton areas since 2011.
We are a well-known and well respected local provider and have extensive experience of supporting adults with a variety of complex needs including hard to engage adults with severe and enduring mental health conditions, including those with paranoid schizophrenia, anti-social personality disorders, learning disabilities, Bi-Polar Affective Disorder and alcohol related dementia / memory loss. We have successfully supported people from long stay forensic institutions to settle in the community and go on to make a positive contribution to those local communities.
We have extensive experience of the complex needs of people with mental health conditions, learning disabilities, substance misuse problems. This specifically includes:
- Experience of working with adults, including young and older adults with complex support needs including learning disabilities, substance misuse issues, severe and enduring mental health issues, self-harming behaviours, including self-neglect, dual diagnosis, care leavers, victims of abuse, those at risk of offending and re-offending.
- Extensive experience of providing accommodation and support services for adults with learning disabilities, mental health problems, including Mentally Disordered Offenders with complex support needs and as stated above.
- Extensive experience of promoting independence to service users who have failed to gain from, or been rejected by, other support agencies for not complying with the implicit or explicit expectations of those agencies.
To support and enable people with complex mental health needs and learning disability to live successfully in the home and community of their choice; to ensure that tenants have choice and control about where and with whom they live, and to provide high quality, person centred support to promote independence.
- To improve the overall health and wellbeing of Adults at Risk with complex mental health needs and learning disability, including those with a dual diagnosis.
- To enable people to develop and maintain the skills and competencies they need to return to, or remain, living independently in their own home.
- To minimise the need for prolonged secondary health and social care provision.
- To promote integration and reintegration among socially excluded groups and those leaving institutions of confinement.
Blue Pits Housing Action is committed to facilitating and promoting mental well-being, to allow our tenants to enjoy a fulfilled life in the community. We help people to fulfil their aspirations, whilst providing the support they need to achieve this.
We uphold the privacy and right of every individual to be treated as such – with care, respect and dignity; to live as independently as possible in their own home and to receive the highest quality care and support to enable them to do so.
- We enable people to make positive change by providing opportunities to enjoy and achieve
- We help prevent and reduce anti-social behaviour, re-offending and the harm caused by alcohol and drugs
- We promote reintegration by providing opportunities to make a positive contribution
- We support healthy lifestyles and mental wellbeing by promoting physical activity, healthy eating, addressing substance use such as smoking, alcohol and drugs.
We meet the essential standards of quality and safety set out in the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009, and can evidence that we meet the associated outcomes.